WHAT TO PACK FOR EXPLORER VOYAGES TO ANTARCTICA AND BEYOND
are several things to remember to bring along with you when you are
coming on an expedition with us.
make packing a bit easier, we have drawn up a packing list,
covering polar expeditions
you should forget something, don’t worry! On board all our
ships you will find a shop with a wide range of clothes and practical
board it’s smart to wear ordinary shoes
a memory card with a large capacity – there are sockets in
the cabins to recharge photo equipment
- The dress code aboard the ship is relaxed and casual and you are not expected to dress formally for meals, except on any special occasion, if required.
shoelaces are also a good idea
- Bring a good pair of binoculars – some ship lines have extra ones which you can use on board
small waterproof backpack is necessary for carrying essentials
remember to bring your passport and a copy of it
- Sun protection cream
with UV filter lenses
salve with UV protection. Dry, cold wind and sun often cause chapped
in the correct currency. Remember, our ships also accept several credit
to bring sufficient medication to last through any unforeseen delays
Expeditions to polar waters
– this means voyages to Antarctica, Svalbard, Greenland,
Canada and the Norwegian coast
- You will receive a wind and water-resistant parka as a memento. In some ship-lines, it is available on hire for a nominal fee
- You can rent rubber boots/walking sticks on board free of charge
- Warm winter jacket
- Wind and water-resistant trousers with fleece lining and long thermal underwear and top (we recommend wool)
- Warm cap or headband, ear muffs and woollen scarf
- You could also bring swimwear to for use in our on-deck whirlpools - or the Polar Plunge!
or fleece tube
- Warm woollen jumper and fleece jumper/jacket, cots wool shirt/tee-shirt - remember layers are essential
with UV filter lenses
and mittens, fleece and wool
extra batteries for your camera, as battery life is shorter in cold
with good soles are recommended for outdoors, on deck, and for
excursions ashore. Make sure they are worn-in walking boots.
- Life jackets for zodiac cruising are provided by the shipline
Please watch this video as a guideline (courtesy: Poseidon Expeditions - we are their exclusive GSA in India):
Expedition Voyages - the leader in polar expeditionsMore than 4,000 happy customers served. We will find you the right trip, and provide exclusive discounts!